Call for paper
IEEE Railway RoSe 2018
The 1st International Workshop
on Robots and Sensors Networks
for Railway Systems
Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks constitute one of the staples of Railroad’s Infrastructure and Rolling Stock management. With the distances, environments and costs involved in the domain, a remote and reliable surveying is the ever-present objective of all the actors in the industry.
The autonomous cooperative systems, made of highly mobile self-organizing robots, may survey tracks and stations, increase operators’ security in maintenance interventions and scout for sudden obstacles in long and isolated tracks. Such applicatons foresee technological advancements that consider the fields of both Ad-Hoc Networks and Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks. As the objectives are different from purely civilian or end-user applicatons, the beneficial possibilites are endless.
At the same time, the challenges are as high as the stakes. Whether the innovaton comes from 5G COTS or from breakthrough independent solutions, for railway operations, the networking part of the system has to show higher levels of reliability, compared to the end-user domain, as well as increased capabilities.
Railway RoSe aims at bringing together state-of-the-art contributions on the design, specification and implementation of architectures, algorithms and protocols for current and future applicatons of such systems, having special consideration for nature-inspired, machine-learning based techniques and data-driven approaches for network architecture, protocol design and system optimization.
Improved versions of selected papers from the workshop will be invited for possible publication in a special issue of Wiley’s Internet Technology Letters.
- Wireless Sensors and Robots Networks for Railway Systems
- Wireless Autonomous Systems for Rail Networks
- Networked Cyber-physical Systems for Railway Applicatons
- Innovatve Sensor-Networks applicatons for Railway Industry
- Nature-inspired protocol design for WSRN in Railways
- Sensor and Robot Networks for Train Safety and Security
- Sensor-networks-based Train Health Monitoring Systems (HMS)
- Unmanned Aerial/Ground Vehicles networks for Railway Systems
- Railway Infrastructure Monitoring using Wireless Sensor and Robot Networks
- Railway Networks Mapping using Multi-sensor fusion
- Machine-learning Railway Applications for Network Control and Management
- The Internet of Things (IoT) for Railway Systems.
- Train-to-Infrastructure and Train-to-Train Wireless Communicatons
- Robust Localization using Wireless Sensors for Railway Systems
- Energy-Efficient Wireless Protocols for Railway Monitoring Applications
- Innovative analysis of sensor data for Railway Systems
- 5G and beyond-5G Networks for Railways